PUBLICATIONS CAMPAIGN RAN IN:
- Chicago Social Magazine
- Chicago Magazine
- Meeting Mentor
- Chicago Social Brides
- Chicago Style Weddings
CAMPAIGN RUN DATES:
July 2009- May 2011
OBJECTIVE: Beloved by Chicagoans for its prominent stature on the skyline and place in history, The Drake is a brand in the truest sense. However, the new multi-million dollar renovation demanded that we find an impactful way to emphasize how relevant The Drake is today in order to appeal to a specific target audience. 2009 was projected as a down-year for leisure and business travelers, so our assignment was to firm up existing relationships with past guests and affluent potential customers. Specifically, by audience, objectives included:
- Leisure—Increasing awareness of the newly renovated Drake Hotel.
- Group—Informing groups of the Keep America Meeting incentive package available at The Drake in order to increase bookings
- Weddings—Generating interest in The Drake as a venue to hold a wedding ceremony, reception or rehearsal dinner.
- From the leisure perspective, Zehnder’s goal was to drive people to the website for more information and bookings. Web traffic increased 4% as a result of the print campaign and despite a down market, industry-wide occupancy was positively impacted.
- For weddings, The Drake noted an increase in Request for Proposals (RFPs) with an average of 2 RFPs per month.